Posted Date: 09/30/2021
Complete bid packets can be found at https://www.lenoircityschools.com/392604_4
Bids are to be mailed to: Purchasing Department
Lenoir City Schools
200 East Broadway
Lenoir City, Tennessee 37771
and must be received at the above address no later than 10:00 a.m. on
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at which time they will be publicly opened.
Late responses will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
Lenoir City Schools is seeking a provider of Chromebook warranty and repair of
devices for the following models and quantity of devices:
HP Chromebook X 360 G3 EE - 1577 devices currently
Lenovo 300e Chromebook 2nd Gen - 563 devices currently
Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook - 276 devices currently
1. The vendor must provide spare devices if needed and manage the
utilization of each school’s spare device pool ensuring that students have
a replacement device when their device issued by the school system is
sent away for repair. The vendor should describe the process for
2. The vendor must provide free shipping to and from their facility. Please
describe the process for acquiring a shipping label and tracking that
3. The vendor’s repair facility must be an ISO-9001 certified facility. Please
provide documentation of this in the bid response.
4. The vendor’s Repair Facility must be an Electro-Static Discharge Certified
Facility (ESD). Please provide documentation of this in the bid response.
5. The vendor’s repair technicians must be certified on the devices they
repair. Please describe your process to certify new technicians.
6. Describe your experience repairing our District’s specific device pool.
7. Does the vendor offer unlimited device repairs? What limits are placed on
8. How are warranty related repairs Handled?
9. Is the vendor’s facility able to facilitate repairs at the device board level?
10. Does the vendor maintain BGA and X-Ray machines to inspect soldering
11. Does vendor maintain soldering certified technicians?
12. Will the vendor maintain a bulk parts inventory that is dedicated to our
school district? If so please describe the allotment and how you arrived at
13. Does the vendor provide a web portal where the district can review repair
data in real time?
14. If the vendor does provide a customer web portal can the customer see
the status of submitted warranty claims? For example, can the district see
when equipment arrives at the facility, when the repair is in progress and
when the equipment has been shipped back to the customer?
15. Will Vendor provide repair analytics on a scheduled basis?
16. Will Vendor provide repair metrics on items such as repair turn time and
1st time repair rate?
17. Describe Vendor’s Deployment Capabilities (Asset Tagging, Etching,
Software enrollment and provisioning, etc.)
18. Describe the vendor’s pick-up and delivery process including schedule
19. Please indicate the turnaround time for a repair once the equipment
reaches the vendor’s location.
20. Can the vendor provide references from similar sized districts that they
have been servicing for four or more years consecutively?
Please indicate whether the vendor agrees to allow the Lenoir City School
District and other public agencies and school districts in the State of Tennessee
to purchase additional items, at the same terms and conditions as this bid, during
the period of time that this bid is in effect.
Bid term will be one year from the date of the bid award, with the option to extend
two additional one-year terms.