Student Health Advisory Council
The Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is a group of students representing segments of the community, appointed by the school district to serve at the district level, to provide advice to the district on coordinated school health programming and its impact on student health and learning. The council helps identify and address health issues affecting students and staff and find solutions to address those issues. The SHAC will assist the district in:
- Create an organized dialogue between students and administration about student health and counseling needs
- Identify the educational/informational needs of students.
- Assess emerging student issues and keep LCHS connected to student life and campus needs.
- Give campus administrators planning advice given student needs.
- SHAC provides an efficient, effective structure for recommending age-appropriate, sequential health education programs, and early intervention and prevention strategies that can easily be supported by local families and community stakeholders
- What do they do?
- SHAC has a variety of roles addressing all components of a comprehensive school health program. The components include:
- Health instruction
- Healthful school environment
- Health services
- Physical education
- School counseling
- Food services
- Health promotion for staff
- Integrated school and community program