The Lenoir City School System is governed by the elecred five-member Boardof Education,who serve four-year terms. The purpose of the board is to provide a program of education for the community. As such, the board represents the community in:
- Establishing a sound philosophy for all educational programs and activities,
- Adopting policies for the operation of school programs,
- Providing leadership for educational progress through the establishment of annual objectives,
- Ensuring that there are adequate methods of evaluating existing programs, and
- Adopting sound financial plans consistent with school needs and community resources.
The board formulates policy for carrying out the above role and employs professional educators to administer the program.
Meetings of the board
All meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend. The board maintains procedures for placing items on the agenda and copies of the agenda are available at each meeting.
Types of meetings
- Regular-Monthly meetings are used for transacting official business. They are held the second Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m. in room 304 at 200 East Broadway in downtown Lenoir City.
- Special meetings-Special meetings are called through regularly adopted procedures with official action restricted to items listed in the notice of the meeting.
- Workshops are used for discussion of the board pertaining to items slated for the upcoming Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting. Workshops are held the fourth Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m. in room 304 at 200 East Broadway in downtown Lenoir City.